Recycling & Energy Processor Helper
February 19, 2021
100 Red Rock Road, Newport, MN
Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy (R&E) has an opening for a full-time Processor Helper at the Recycling & Energy Center (R&E Center) located in Newport, MN. Processor helpers are responsible for cleaning and preparing the plant and production lines for safe and efficient operation.
R&E is a joint powers entity formed by Ramsey and Washington counties. R&E coordinates recycling and waste programs between the two counties, and owns and operates the Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy Center in Newport, Minnesota.
The starting salary for this position is $20.11 per hour with merit pay increases of 4% – 5% every six months for the first two years. R&E also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift.
As a processor helper, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Becoming thoroughly familiar with plant operating procedures
- Performing general plant cleaning, which includes shoveling, sweeping, chiseling, and removing combustible dust
- Removing litter from plant grounds
- Operating a fork lift and skid steer loader, in conjunction with clean-up duties
- Performing fire watch duties
- Assisting with trailer load-out functions
- Starting and stopping the operation of plant machinery in conjunction with clean-up duties throughout the plant
- Complying with R&E policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe work environment by using personal protective equipment, participating in safety training, and following safety procedures and adhering to all applicable SDSs
To qualify for this position you must possess a high school diploma or equivalent with post high school training a plus; have the ability to operate a fork lift, skid loader or similar equipment; be familiar with hydraulic equipment, air tools and various hand tools; possess a MN State Class “D” driver’s license; be able to work from scaffolding and catwalks in high and confined areas; be able to work in a wide range of climatic conditions; be able to work on static rotating shift schedules, overtime, weekends and holidays as the needs of the plant dictate; have the physical dexterity to operate plant equipment in conjunction with clean-up duties; be able to lift up to 40 pounds; be able to lift and use a compressed air-powered chisel weighing 20 pounds for a period of one to three hours per shift; physically qualify for use of respirator equipment; be able to work well with others and possess good interpersonal skills. A positive attitude, good safety awareness and strong work ethic are additional success factors.
This position is a union position and may be assigned to any shift.
Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, employer-paid short- and long-term disability insurance and tax-deferred compensation. Employees of Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy participate in the Minnesota Public Employees Retirement Association (P.E.R.A.) pension plan. Both the employee and the employer make contributions in accordance with current legislative requirements.
Position will remain open until filled.
A detailed job description can be found here.
1. Complete the employment application
2. Send job application to Human Resources through one of the following methods:
- Email completed application to HR@recyclingandenergy.org, or
- Mail or hand-deliver completed application to the R&E Center Human Resources Department at 100 Red Rock Road, Newport, MN 55055
The application is a fillable PDF. Click here to learn how to use fillable PDFs. You may also print the application and complete it.
Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin.