Program Coordinator – Food Scrap Recycling
July 2, 2021
100 Red Rock Road, Newport, MN 55055
Annual Salary Range: $63,739 – $92,358
Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy (R&E) is searching for a Food Scrap Recycling Program Coordinator. R&E is a joint powers entity formed by Ramsey and Washington Counties. R&E coordinates recycling and waste programs between the two counties (joint activities), and owns and operates the Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy Center (R&E Center) in Newport, Minnesota (recyclingandenergy.org). R&E’s vision is vibrant, healthy communities without waste, and R&E accomplishes its mission through partnerships and innovation.
This position reports to the R&E Joint Activities Manager and will work with staff and contractors from both counties and R&E to implement and coordinate the food scrap recycling efforts related to the Recycling & Energy Center and the R&E Joint Activities programs in partnership with Ramsey and Washington counties.
This is professional work including, but not limited to the following areas:
- Coordinate the development, launch, and ongoing operations of a new East Metro food scrap recycling program serving Ramsey and Washington counties, including:
- Collaborate with staff from Ramsey County, Washington County, and R&E on program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Manage vendor contracts for food scrap bag manufacturing, website development and maintenance, order fulfillment and customer service to ensure program goals are met, vendor deliverables are completed and on time, and all program data is collected, analyzed and reported as necessary.
- Work with R&E Center staff to coordinate operation of food scrap bag recovery with resident-facing program services and ensure collective understanding of program status, including planning, reporting, and ongoing evaluation.
- Participate with county and R&E staff, as well as numerous stakeholders, to develop and implement effective communications plans, strategies and materials to promote program and related activities, including using community engagement strategies to collect community input, develop relationships, and guide future program changes.
- Collaborate with county and R&E staff and various stakeholders to raise awareness of food waste and increase the volume of food recovered through partnerships and grant-funded projects.
- Collaborate with staff from R&E and both counties to identify opportunities to advance progress on R&E goals.
- Gather information and evaluate data to assemble a variety of reports, charts or manuals and conduct research on special projects.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets; assemble data and compile budget estimates; assist in planning and administering budgetary controls; process budget related paperwork and maintain accounts; monitor department/division payroll and personnel transactions.
- Assist in developing and conducting presentations to be used in various meetings.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating events.
A valid Class D driver’s license is required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an environmental field, program management, communications, behavioral sciences, marketing, business administration, public administration or a closely related field.
Experience: Four years’ experience in program coordination, project management, contract management, public sector service delivery, communications or a closely related field. Preference given for relative experience in solid waste management and environmental fields.
Substitution: Post high school education and four additional years of relevant work experience can substitute for a bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree in any of the above fields may be substituted for two years of required experience.
A detailed job description can be found here: Program Coordinator job description – Food Scrap
Position open until filled. Applicants should respond promptly as the initial review of applications and supplemental questions will occur on July 23, 2021.
To apply for an R&E job, all of the following are required to be completed.
- Complete the job application
- Thoroughly answer all Supplemental Questions Program Coordinator
- Send job application and supplemental questions to Human Resources by emailing completed application and supplemental questions to HR@recyclingandenergy.org.
The job description and supplemental questions are both fillable-PDFs. Learn how to use fillable PDFs. You may also print the application and supplemental questions and complete them.
Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin.