September 15, 2023
Pay Range: $53,000.00 – $80,167.26
Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy (R&E) is currently accepting applications for a Contract Specialist to assist in contracting and procurement with direct purchases and competitive solicitations related to a wide variety of supplies, equipment, materials, labor services, and professional and client services.
Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy (R&E) is a joint powers entity formed by Ramsey and Washington counties. R&E coordinates recycling and waste programs between the two counties and owns and operates the Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy Center in Newport, Minnesota.
R&E’s vision is vibrant, healthy communities without waste. When you work for R&E, you are a part of an organization committed to managing our waste in ways that benefit people, support the local economy, and protect the environment. We offer a generous benefit package, a collaborative and welcoming work culture, and the structure of local government with the feel of a small, progressive business.
This position is based at the R&E Center in Newport and has potential hybrid remote options available.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills; organizational skills and attention to detail; time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; the ability to prioritize tasks; and the ability to act with integrity and professionalism.
Examples of work performed by this position:
- Coordinate phases of direct purchase and/or competitive solicitation for R&E including request for quotes/proposals/bids.
- Coordinate phases of contract preparation and administration as deemed necessary.
- Provide contractor onboarding, verification, and account set-up.
- Communicate problem resolution between R&E and contractors related to performance issues, warranty, pricing, quality, non-compliance with contract requirements, or any other solicitation or contract related issue.
- Work with Ramsey and Washington County Attorneys for legal review of procurements.
- Prepare reports to communicate status of procurements to program managers and management staff.
- Monitor and evaluate procurements for terms, expenditures, and deliverables.
- Maintain knowledge of all available cooperative procurement resources.
- Maintain official procurement files which are subject to audits and public data practices requests; assist in answering questions from auditors related to procurements for which they are responsible.
- Proactively monitor existing contracts to ensure renewals or new solicitations are prepared in a manner that ensures continuity or program or facility operations.
- Track and maintain database of contractor W9s and certificates of insurance.
Bachelor’s Degree and (1) year of experience in procurement/contracting;
Associate degree in business, public administration, business law or related field and two (2) years of experience in procurement/contracting.
A detailed job description can be found here.
Position open until filled. Initial review of applications will begin October 9, 2023.
To apply for an R&E job, all of the following are required to be completed.
- Complete the job application
- Thoroughly answer all supplemental questions
- Send job application and supplemental questions to Human Resources by emailing completed application and supplemental questions to HR@recyclingandenergy.org.
The job description and supplemental questions are both fillable-PDFs. Learn how to use fillable PDFs. You may also print the application and supplemental questions and complete them.
Ramsey/Washington Recycling & Energy provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin.